Sunday, November 25, 2012

No Mistake - Testimony

Our family moved to California in July and my husband began school almost immediately. I had been earnestly praying and searching for a job even before relocating because I was aware of the many obligations we had left behind as well as those awaiting us. We were encouraged to step out in faith and so we rented a house close to campus and settled in.

One month went by and I had attended a few interviews but received no job offer. We kept praying. Two months went by and our funds were running dangerously low but there was still no job in sight. My husband continued to attend school but we both knew it would only a matter of time before we would have a negative balance in our account. We cried out to God, "Lord, we claim your promise that you would never leave us nor forsake us...we know you will provide.."

It was a Thursday afternoon and I remember casually answering my husbands call to our room and hearing him say to me, "I just checked our account and saw that a full paycheck from my old job was deposited today" My jaw dropped in disbelief. How could this be? He left the job two months ago, he received his final paycheck and there was nothing else for him to collect. How could this be? Did God provide this money for us or was this a mistake?

That night we prayed a reluctant prayer of thanksgiving as we were aware of the call we would have to make in the morning. "Mr. Gibson we checked our records and there were vacation hours that had accrued and...there is no mistake sir." HALLELUJAH!!!!!! God came through for us in a miraculous way that day!! He provided what we needed and more!! "Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear." Isaiah 65:24  God is worthy to be praised!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Ron,

    God's word says "If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain "move from here to there" and it will move! Nothing will be impossible for you." Matt 17:20. We are learning to have in faith in him. May God bless you!

    ReplyDelete